'7 Steps to good or outstanding governance'
Training materials to enhance the effectiveness of Governors to ensure they have a good understanding of school and current educational priorities
Every school’s repertoire for management and development should ensure Governors are exposed to leading edge, high quality, sustainable training. Rhinoss offers a specific range of tailor made experiences, delivered over a two-day residential course or through a series of stand- alone modules (approximately two hours) to match the needs of your Governing Body. Examples from our present programme include:
- Evaluating strengths and areas for development using planned operational methods to inform governors of the dos and don’ts of senior leadership support.
- Gap analysis; where are your strengths?
- Identifying the elements of effective relationships and task behaviours; spot who needs to change their attitude and how can this be done.
- Influence and negotiation skills
- Working as an effective and powerful team
- Dealing with conflict resolution and delivering difficult messages
- Getting the best out of people
- Developing capacity and encouraging innovation
- Knowing your school - auditing trends in pupil performance
- Evaluating standards through data analysis techniques
- Helpful report writing
- Reviewing the work of the school at all levels
- How good is the school at monitoring and evaluating itself?
- Sharing best practice in managing communication
Managing Decision Making
- Effective meetings
- Feedback from link governor's visits
- Undertaking school based visits
- Promoting your school
- Attracting funding and interest in your developments
- Achieving Results and Goal Setting
- Paper Management
- Project Planning - Making good use of time
- "Tales of the Unexpected" - dealing with sudden issues