Getting to Grips with the CIF and Ofsted School Inspection Handbook April 2018
Once again Ofsted has 'raised the bar' and schools will need to quickly adapt and absorb what the revised Ofsted Evaluation Schedule will mean in terms of school self-review, revised SEF, other adults in the classroom, Radicalisation, PREVENT, SMSC, DSEN Safeguarding, Pupil Premium, and Wellness, preparation for all staff and governors .This interactive workshop is designed for school based training and will equip Headteachers and Senior Leadership Teams, heads of department, primary subject leaders, teachers and non-teaching staff, and governors with an up-to-date in-depth knowledge.
We will help you to...
- Get a head start with inside knowledge of the September Ofsted Evaluation Schedule Framework from a current practicing Ofsted Inspector
- Achieve 'Ofsted readiness' in the light of the new framework with advice from those who know best
- Equip key staff and governors with a thorough insight to Ofsteds’s revised requirements of them, ensuring they are fully prepared
- Benefit from clear and appropriate guidance on methods of evaluation and ‘what makes a good to outstanding lesson’ supported by relevant DVD Case Study materials
- Learn practical methods and techniques for undertaking lesson observations that ensure consistency of judgment and educate colleagues on effective evaluation
- Understand the powerful application of ‘prompt sheets’ to inform judgments on observations and methods for recording your outcomes
- Master the protocols of lesson observations and techniques to provide effective feedback