Through the 'Looking Class'
A one day school based workshop led by:
Paul Burton Senior Adviser ( former Ofsted Inspector for over twenty five years)
VENUES: TO BE ARRANGED EITHER BY THE SCHOOL, ACADEMY, COLLEGE or through the Rhinoss Project Co-ordinator
DATES: TO BE NEGOTIATED by individual requests
The course will provide practical methods and techniques of undertaking lesson observation, knowledge of the Ofsted Evaluation Schedule framework (2014), protocols involved in judging lessons to ensure consistency of observations.
THE COURSE WILL PROVIDE:
- Practical methods and techniques of undertaking lesson observations presented in a straight forward approach to enhance your skills, knowledge and understanding of the CIF and Ofsted School Inspection Handbook and other processes on lesson observation.
- Clear and appropriate guidance on methods of evaluation ‘what makes a good to outstanding lesson’ using relevant DVD Case Study materials
- Use and application of ‘prompt sheets’ to help you make informed judgements on what is being seen and methods used for recording your outcomes
- Protocols of lesson observations and techniques in providing effective feedback
- Application of how lesson observations can be used to assist in making judgements about classroom, subject or departmental performance.
Note : Also refer to Paul’s article in www.linkedin.com